Salade de chèvre chaud au miel
- 2 in small slices of bread or 1 larger slice cuthalf
- 2 inch rounds or wedges of soft goat cheese about 1/2thick
- 1 Pinch herbes de provence or thyme
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Tbsp + about 1/2olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 handfuls mixed greens
- 2 stems fresh mint
- Toast the bread lightly, then place in baking pan. Place one round or wedge of cheese on top of each slice and sprinkle a pinch of the dried herbs on each cheese round. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- While the oven is heating up make the dressing. In a salad bowl combine the balsamic and mustard. Add some salt, 1 Tbsp of olive oil, and stir to blend. Grind in some black pepper. Peel and halve the garlic clove and add to the dressing (you will remove it later).
- Drizzle the honey over the cheese rounds and spoon on a few drops of olive oil. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt.
- Remove the garlic from the dressing. Add the greens and mint leaves and toss. Serve the salad on individual plates, topped with the warmed bread and cheese.