ALL TASTINGS GOURMET MARKET employees and job applicants will be treated equally without regard to race, sex, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, veteran status, physical abilities, or other characteristic protected by law.
Tastings Gourmet Market, Inc. has been providing the city of Annapolis and surrounding areas with specialty gourmet foods since 2006. We offer the highest quality prepared foods and freshest products in the market, served with exceptional customer care.
Tastings Gourmet Market is currently accepting applications for Prep Cook(s), We are looking to add to our team of cooks and the individual(s) selected for this role should have 1-2 years of kitchen experience and availability to work 25-35 hours per week, including two weeknights (until 7:00pm) and at least one day during the weekend.
The ideal candidate has a passion for all things culinary and exceeding their customers’ expectations.
Additional responsibilities and requirement:
• Operates equipment necessary to the job, which includes, but is not limited to: oven, slicer, food processor, bowls, platters, knives, mop, mop bucket, broom, dust mop, box cutter, and any & all trash.
• Lifts at least 50 lbs.
• Assists customers and promotes good customer and associate relations through courtesy, service and appearance.
• Fills customers’ orders and takes phone orders.
• Displays merchandise properly in case and in an appetizing manner.
• Stocks and rotates merchandise properly for freshness.
• Maintains correct and legible prices on all items.
• Fills and maintains all displays throughout the department.
• Greets all customers consistently and courteously.
• Thanks all customers for shopping at TASTINGS GOURMET.
• Completes the necessary cleaning and sanitation, which includes, but is not limited to: mopping and sweeping of the floors, cleaning the slicer, oven, washing display cases, wiping down the prep area, washing knives, bowls, platters and utensils, cleaning the cooler, and dismantling & cleaning of machinery.
Candidates should have availability to work 15-24 hours per week, including morning, evenings, weekends, and during the holidays.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Provide superior customer service as defined by Tastings Gourmet Market
Educate and interact with customers about the gourmet products available in the store
Maintain an awareness of all product information and merchandise promotions
Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products
Participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock
Assist with preparation of our gourmet menu
Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and practices
Additional duties as assigned
Ability to consistently care for the products and displays, merchandise products, sample and cross sell merchandise
Must be able to use a commercial slicer, convection oven, panini machine, sharp utensils, dishwasher, mop sink and POS terminal.
Ability to effectively communicate with customers and fellow Team Members
Ability to incrementally impact sales in a positive manner
Excellent Customer Service skills
Ability to read, write and count
Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
Ability to work varied hours/days as dictated by business
If you have a passion for food and love working with great people in a team environment, a position at Tastings Gourmet Market is right for you. Our philosophy is to provide a memorable gourmet food experience for both our customers and our staff. Come grow with us at the region’s finest specialty food retailer.
Please include your work history including last wage earned and a brief paragraph of why you should be considered. Qualified candidates will be contacted for on site interviews. Candidates who do not submit this information will not be considered.
and send to:
Tastings Gourmet Market, Inc.
1410 Forest Drive
Annapolis, MD 21403
Or Email to: