Rogue River Blue with Honey Bourbon Grilled Figs
- 12 Figs green or black
- 12 Rosemary sprigs 6” long
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. tbsp. bourbon or brandy
- pinch salt
- 6 oz. Rogue River Blue cut into 4 wedges
- 1. Strip the leaves from the bottom 5” of rosemary sprigs. Cut the tip of each at a 45 degree angle, forming a point. Soak rosemary skewers in a shallow dish of water. Set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. When melted, add honey and stir to combine. When mixture reaches gentle boil, add lemon juice, bourbon and 6 rosemary leaves, stirring constantly. Mixture will foam and froth. Cook, stirring constantly, for one minute. Keep warm over lowest heat setting until needed.
- 3. Cut figs in half from stem to bottom.
- Push two figs onto each rosemary skewer.
- Dip each fig skewer into the honey-butter mixture.
- 4. Grill figs over medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes until warmed through.
- Use a grill basket for best results.
- 5. Plate 3 skewers of figs and drizzle figs with remaining sauce.
- 6. Serve with a wedge of Rogue River Blue.