Quick Gorgonzola Pasta Sauce
This rich sauce is a fantastic compliment to your favorite hearty pasta. Try with some steamed broccolini mixed in at the end. Yields 1 1/4 cup, enough to coat 1 pound of pasta for 6 servings
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. finely chopped shallots
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 lb. Gorgonzola Dolce trimmed of any rind and cut into small chunks
- 1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and add the shallots, coriander, and pepper. Cook until the shallots are transparent but not brown, 2 to 3 min.
- 2. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Simmer gently until slightly thickened, about 5 min.
- 3. Remove cream from the heat and stir in the Gorgonzola. Set back on the heat only long enough to melt the cheese.
- 4. Toss with hot pasta, or cool and refrigerate for up to four days. Reheat gently before use.
Recipe and image source: Aliza Green, Fine Cooking
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!