Quick Gorgonzola Pasta Sauce
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. finely chopped shallots
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 lb. Gorgonzola Dolce trimmed of any rind and cut into small chunks
- 1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and add the shallots, coriander, and pepper. Cook until the shallots are transparent but not brown, 2 to 3 min.
- 2. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Simmer gently until slightly thickened, about 5 min.
- 3. Remove cream from the heat and stir in the Gorgonzola. Set back on the heat only long enough to melt the cheese.
- 4. Toss with hot pasta, or cool and refrigerate for up to four days. Reheat gently before use.