Penne with creamy Buffalo Gorgonzola Sauce
Creamy and decadent this dish is perfect as a first course or entree. The Buffalo Gorgonzola adds a little more tang to the sauce but you can easily substitute with a Gorgonzola Dulce or other creamy blue cheese. Many gluten free pastas are available now and can easily be used in this recipe. Serves 4
- 6 oz. Buffalo Gorgonzola ; crumbled or Gorgonzola Dolce
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 12 ounces penne pasta cooked according to package
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the oil and shallot in a skillet large enough to hold the cooked penne; turn heat to medium; cook until shallot turns golden. Add the Gorgonzola, milk and sage; let the cheese melt then turn heat to a minimum.
- Reserve ¼ cup pasta cooking water, drain pasta and Immediately add it to the gorgonzola, shallot and sage mixture, and raise heat to medium. Add 3/4 cup of the water, and stir; the mixture will be loose and creamy. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until some of the water is absorbed and the pasta is perfectly done.
- Season liberally with pepper and salt to taste, and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!