Mini Beef-and-Sage Sliders with Gorgonzola
Makes 6 servings
- 12 mini dinner rolls split
- 1 garlic clove halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil for liberal drizzling
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce eyeball it
- 10 fresh sage leaves finely chopped
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp flat-leaf parsley finely chopped (about a palmful)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach thinly sliced (a couple of generous handfuls)
- 3/4 pound Gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- Preheat the broiler to high. Place the rolls on a broiler pan and toast until golden. Rub with the garlic and drizzle with oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the beef with the Worcestershire sauce, sage, shallot, and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 equal pieces and form 3 sliders from each piece. 12 mini sliders total.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. Cook the sliders for 3 minutes on the first side and 1 to 2 minutes on the other side for medium.
- Top each bun bottom with some spinach, a slider, and a few cheese crumbles. Place under the broiler to melt the cheese a bit, about 30 seconds, then set the bun tops in place.
Original recipe and image source: Rachael Ray Magazine
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!