Midnight Moon Baked Penne
Serves: 4–6 A favorite for families, this penne pasta dish features both aged and soft goat cheeses, as well as the delicious flavors of pancetta, spinach and tomatoes.
- 1 lb dried penne or other pasta
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz pancetta roughly chopped
- 8 oz fresh baby spinach
- 10 oz grape or cherry tomatoes each sliced in half
- 6 oz fresh Chèvre
- 8 oz Midnight Moon® grated
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cook penne al dente, according to instructions on the package.
- While the penne is cooking, heat butter in a large frying pan or Dutch oven. Sauté garlic and pancetta for a couple of minutes until pancetta is cooked and slightly crispy.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Add tomatoes and gently stir until warmed.
- Stir the cooked penne into the pancetta-spinach mixture.
- Add the cream, thyme, and most of the cheese, reserving two ounces of Midnight Moon® .
- Stir until the cheese is melted and the pasta is well coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the entire mixture to a 9 x 9 baking pan, or another equivalent casserole dish. Sprinkle the remaining two ounces of Midnight Moon® on the top and bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!