Linguine with Pumpkin Sauce and Crumbled Sausage
- 4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 sm onion diced
- 20 oz pumpkin seeded, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs heavy cream plus extra
- 8 oz Italian Sausage crumbled
- 1 lb linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, warm 2 T olive oil. Add the onions and saute until soft. Add the cubed pumpkin and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Transfer mixture to a food processor or blender and add the cream. Puree until smooth and creamy. Add more cream if necessary.
- 3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 4. In a skillet over medium heat, warm remaining 2 T oilive oil. Add the crumbled sausage annd cook until sausage is brown and cooked through.
- 5. Add salt to the boiling water and carefully add the pasta. Cook until al dente.
- 6. Drain pasta and add it to the skillet with the sausage. Add the pumpkin cream and Parmegiano-Reggiano cheese and toss.
- 7. Serve on a large platter.