Hopyard Grilled Cheese with Nutmeg and Lemon
- 8 slices dense boule bread
- 16 ounces Hopyard Cheddar
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Meyer lemons
- 1 whole nutmeg
- Prepare four sandwiches by placing 1/4 inch-thick slices of Hopyard on a slice of bread. Grate a fine lemon zest over the cheese, a scant 1/4 tsp for each sandwich. Grate a light dusting of fresh nutmeg over the sandwiches. Top each sandwich with bread and then butter the top side of each sandwich.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, melting 1 Tbsp butter. When pan is hot, place sandwiches in pan, butter side up.
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side until gently browned and cheese is melted. Serve immediately for tastiest results.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, melting 1 tbsp. butter. When pan is hot, place sandwiches in pan, butter side up.