Flatbread with Bandage Wrapped Cheddar and Maple Bacon
- 4 oz bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 flatbread 6-inch
- 1 Granny Smith apple cored and sliced into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Fiscalini Farmstead Bandage Wrapped Cheddar
- 3 scallions sliced
- In a saute pan cook bacon over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, or until crisp and rendered. Drain fat from pan.
- Add syrup to bacon; cook 4 minutes, stirring often. Remove pan from heat.
- Place pizza stone in cold oven. Preheat oven to 400 F
- Sprinkle maple bacon over flatbread. Place flatbread on hot pizza stone. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges of flatbread are deep golden and cheese melts. Remove from oven and cut into 8 pieces. Top with scallions and serve.