Easy Tapas: Matiz Banderillas
- 1 loaf crusty bread- baguettes work well
- 1 can Piquillo Peppers
- 1 jar Matiz Piparras Peppers
- 16 Boquerones white anchovies or Scalia Anchovy Fillets with Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 bottle Castillo de Canena Smoked Olive Oil
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley finely chopped
- Slice bread into 16 half-inch thick round slices and set aside.
- Slice each piquillo pepper in half.
- Lay out all of the ingredients on a cutting board to assemble the skewers.
- Skewer first a piparra, then a piquillo and an anchovy, folded in half.
- Repeat with the rest of the skewers and place them on a plate.
- Drizzle with the smoked olive oil and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve immediately with bread.