Brie Cheese Fondue with Roasted Vegetables
- 8 small potatoes halved
- 8 small brussels sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper roughly cut into large strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper roughly cut into large strips
- 1 red onion roughly cut into large chunks
- 1/2 sweet potato or yam roughly cut into large strips
- 5 small portobello or button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary pulled apart
- 1 whole small wheel of double- or triple-creme Brie cheese- try Fromager d’Affinois Saint Angel, Pierre Robert, Woolwich Triple Creme Goat Brie, or about half a pound
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a roasting tray with parchment paper. Arrange all of the vegetables (except the mushrooms) on the tray. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with the rosemary, Herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, turning the vegetables occasionally, then add the mushrooms and cook for another 10 minutes or so (test a potato with a fork).
- Use a knife to carve some scratches on top of the Brie, then place it in the center of the tray so it opens up as it cooks. Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- You now have impromptu fondue! Serve with skewers for dipping the veggies.