Braised Leeks with Balsamic & Parmesan
Helpful hint; Makes a lovely side dish with any protein or top with crumbled crispy pancetta or bacon for an appetizer. Serves 4
- 4 Leeks
- 1 T unsalted butter
- 1 T Dulcet Essential Balsamic Sauce & Dressing
- 1/2 c veggie or chicken stock
- 2 T fresh bread crumbs1-2freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1. Cut away the green stem, leaving just the white and light green part of the leek, trim the
- root-end and then cut the leek in half lengthwise.
- 2. Place the leeks in a bowl of cold water cut side down for 10 minutes.
- 3. Run water over each leek individually to remove any grit, place on paper towel to dry.
- 4. Melt the butter in a heavy ovenproof sauté pan over medium heat on the stovetop.
- 5. Add the leeks cut side down and cook until golden brown, carefully turn the leeks so
- the cut side is up and cook until golden, approx 4 minutes per side.
- 6. Add the stock and reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer until tender, approx. 15 minutes.
- 7. Turn oven on to broil.
- 8. Once leeks are tender, remove lid and increase heat to reduce any cooking liquid
- remaining in pan.
- 9. Turn off stovetop and drizzle leeks with the Dulcet Essential Balsamic Sauce,
- top with bread crumbs, cheese and pepper.
- 10. Place in oven and broil until breadcrumbs are crunchy and cheese is melted.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!