Blue Cheese Pappardelle with Spinach and Slow-roasted Tomatoes
- 1 container cherry tomatoes halved
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound pappardelle pasta
- 2 1/2 cups cream
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 pound King Island Dairy Roaring Forties Blue crumbled
- Parsley leaves for garnish
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- Place cherry tomato halves on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 250F for 1 hour, until tomatoes have softened and shriveled slightly.
- Half an hour before tomatoes are finished cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta until al dente, and drain.
- Heat cream and spinach in pot until spinach wilts. Stir in pasta, half the cheese, and half the pine nuts and toss until heated through, and stir in tomatoes.
- Portion into serving bowls and serve topped with remaining cheese, pine nuts, and parsley leaves.