Serves 4 as a main course or 6 as a side course
- 2 pounds garden tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup fresh herbs: basil thyme, parsley, oregano (all or a mix of a few), chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound penne pasta
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 in Bijou cutquarters at room temperature
- Toss the tomatoes with the herbs, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil. Stir in the penne and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta and return to pan.
- Add the tomato mixture and olive oil to the penne and stir. Check the seasonings and then gently stir in the quartered Bijou.
- Cover the pot for 3 minutes, then serve immediately. Bijou will be slightly melted and delicious. Garnish with more freshly ground pepper if needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!