Baked Bonne Bouche with Roasted Fruit
- 1 pound ripe but firm fruits (apples pears, peaches, plums, figs…)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar depending on the sweetness of fruit
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons sweet wine eau de vie, complimentary liqueur or juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (rosemary thyme or sage leaves)
- ½ cup nuts (almonds pecans, pistachios, hazelnuts or walnuts)
- 1 chilled Bonne Bouche
- Toast snaps, tuiles, or biscotti for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- With a fork, prick the skins, pit and quarter large or halve small fruits. In a baking dish or small roasting pan, toss fruit with liquids, sugar, butter, and herbs. Roast, tossing occasionally, until fruit begins to darken and tenderize- about 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F.
- Top the fruit with the Bonne Bouche and sprinkle nuts over fruit and cheese.
- Return to oven and bake about 5–10 minutes until cheese puffs up and is soft to the touch but before it begins to run and the nuts are toasted.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving with toast or biscuits.