Sweet & Spicy Chicken Panini with Vintage Gouda
This panini sandwich is all about the “agrodolci” or sweet and savory flavors. It has the perfect blend of sweet, savory, salty, crunchy all tied together on crispy toasted Italian bread. Bon Apetito! Yield: 4 sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons Butter softened
- 8 slices Italian bread
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Golden raisins
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts seared and sliced
- 8 slices Vintage Gouda
- 1 cup Mixed greens
- 2 Roma tomatoes sliced
- Preheat Panini press to 350° F.
- Butter outside halves of sliced bread. Place bread slices butter side down on work surface.
- Combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and golden raisins to create sauce**; for softer, plumper raisins, soak in very hot water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Spoon sauce on one side of 4 slices of bread. Evenly layer with sliced chicken and Vintage Gouda. Top with remaining slices of bread.
- Place sandwich in Panini press and cook 6-8 minutes or until heated throughout; immediately open sandwich and top with greens and tomatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!