Pan con Tomate with Garrotxa Cheese
- 8 slices 1/2-inch-thick ciabatta
- Extra-virgin olive oil for brushing and drizzling
- 2 garlic cloves halved crosswise
- 4 tomatoes halved crosswise
- Kosher salt
- Shaved Garrotxa cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with oil and arrange oiled side up on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, until golden.
- Rub the toasts with the garlic cloves, then rub with the tomato halves until all of the flesh is gone; discard the tomato skins. Season the toasts with salt and pepper.
- Top with cheese, drizzle with olive oil and serve.