Bûcheron Crostini with Clove-glazed Tangerines and Rosemary Pecan Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 lb Bûcheron
- 1/2 a baguette preferably day-old
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon rosemary finely chopped
- 2 tangerines peeled and separated into segments
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Prepare the crostini: Thinly slice ¾ of the baguette on the diagonal. Lay the baguette slices on a sheet tray, drizzle with olive oil on both sides and bake in a 375 oven, turning once, until golden. Set aside.
- Prepare the breadcrumbs: Using a food processor, grind the remaining baguette into medium-fine breadcrumbs. Toss the breadcrumbs with the pecans, rosemary, and a tablespoon of olive oil. Bake in a 375 oven, stirring once or twice, until golden. Set aside.
- Prepare the tangerines: Place the tangerine segments in a non-stick pan large enough so the tangerine segments have space between them. Add the whole cloves. Sprinkle sugar on the tangerines and cook over medium heat until the sugar is just dissolving. Deglaze with the balsamic vinegar and cook for another minute or two. Remove tangerine segments from pan and allow to cool on a plate. Make sure there are no clove pieces stuck to the tangerines.
- Assemble the crostini: Slice the Bûcheron into one-ounce portions. Put the Bûcheron on the Crostini, then a tangerine segment on the Bûcheron and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Image and recipe source: Goat Cheeses of France
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!