In light of recent developments surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) we wanted to share a few updates. After much discussion we have decided to keep our store OPEN. As a neighborhood gourmet grocery store, we know you rely upon us to provide fresh, quality ingredients and meals. And we are equally committed to our employees who work hard to provide you with excellent service and incomparable products.
We feel we have a responsibility to you, our amazing customers, to provide you a safe and clean environment to purchase much needed food right now. We have changed our product lines and will be offering more basic staples of perishable and non-perishable food items. As restaurants close, you can look to us to purchase food and cook at home, or to buy prepared food from a safe place that you know and trust.
Our decision to stay open includes our continuing commitment to maintain a clean and safe environment through whatever measures deemed necessary. Our daily cleaning has been enhanced by hourly sanitation measures and even more frequent wipe-downs of critical areas.
During these uncertain times, we are doing everything we can to be here for you and meet your needs while taking proactive measures to protect and ensure the well being of employees and customers.
Here are our important updates along with a reiteration of our efforts:
• If you would like curbside service, please call us at 410-263-1324.
• We’ve added additional sanitation stations throughout our store for customers and employees.
• We have increased sanitation of all surfaces, and have implemented an hourly cleaning schedule.
• We have increased sanitation of our cashier screens and credit card keypads.
• Food samples are available by request (as always), however, we have suspended passive sampling.
• We are discontinuing our Saturday tasting events.
• As always we prioritize the health and safety of our employees and we are ensuring they stay home if they are feeling ill.
• We continue to provide support, guidance, and information to our team so they can keep themselves, their families, and our customers safe and healthy.
• We have implemented enhanced safe food handling and hygiene procedures.
• We will continue to monitor the developing situation.
• We are consulting with health experts and monitoring their recommendations including guidance from the World Health Organization, the CDC as well as federal, state, and local officials to ensure we are implementing and proactively communicating all necessary measures and the latest updated information.
Catering & Gourmet to Go:
• In addition to our usual food safety handling procedures, we have enhanced our cleaning, food handling, and general sanitation standards.
We are grateful to our customers and employees for their trust and confidence and I assure you we will remain vigilant in our efforts to ensure that everyone who visits our store knows that their safety is our top priority. If there is anything else we can do to serve you during this time, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with our manager at the store.